What is pre-admission testing?
Pre-admission testing is an important part of helping you to prepare for surgery. Your doctor will refer you to this service, and you will receive a telephone call in the days leading up to surgery. Pre-admission testing nurses will:
- Tell you about your surgery.
- Explain what to expect before your surgery.
- Explain how to prepare for your surgery.
- Give you important tips on how to recover quicker.
- Ask you detailed questions about medical and surgical history.
- Explain how to prepare for discharge from the hospital.
- Schedule one appointment in a single location for any necessary lab work, EKGs and other tests.
- Provide you with a special soap to shower with before your surgery.